Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It's A New Day for America!

Just a brief note of joy regarding our new President... I normally do not venture into politics on this blog, but this is an exception to that rule.


I write this as President Elect Obama and the future First Lady Michelle Obama are starting one of the most important days in our country's history. Anyone who knows me, knows that I spent the last 19 months wearing a "Women for Obama" pin, long before anyone believed it could really happen. It is happening now. Our country is ripe for change and in desperate need of what the Obamas and the new administration are going to bring to us.

I feel a special source of pride in knowing that a man who was born and raised in Hawaii (my new home) is becoming president for the first time and that he also spent his adult life in Chicago, a place where I spent the best 15 years of my life (thus far of course). And on a lighter note... we have the first body surfing president! That has to make you smile too.

My heart is bursting with joy and anticipation for what is to come, as is the case with much of America. It is about time we had something to be truly proud of in our country.





~devany~

No comments: