The Best Garlic Bread Ever
This is a simple recipe for the best garlic bread you will ever put between your lips. It is easy to make and will keep away the vampires! You will need a large baguette; I prefer to get a kind of chewy one, not one that is soft and puffy.
In a sauce pan mix together the following:
- ½ pound of butter (I use clarified butter that I make ahead)
- 20 garlic cloves that have been finely minced
- A tablespoon of dried parsley (fresh is fine too, but you should double it if using fresh)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of freshly ground coarse black pepper
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-2 tablespoons Lawry’s Garlic Salt
Simmer for about 20-30 minutes on low, stirring occasionally. You want to incorporate the flavors as well as cook the garlic a bit. Raw garlic has a bite to it.
Once you have cooked it all down, then use a pastry brush to put it on a baguette cut in half lengthwise. Make sure you get plenty of the chunky bits of garlic and parsley well distributed.
Bake @ 350 for 15 minutes and then put under the broiler for just a minute to brown. Add lemon zest from one lemon to the top of the bread and prepare to devour!